Search This Blog

Saturday, November 4, 2017

I've been working on my Star Trek Ship Combat Game some more and want to share some of the artwork I've been putting together for the game:

First, a set of exterior views of the LOKNAR Class Medium Frigate from the old FASA STAR TREK: THE ROLE-PLAYING GAME:

This started out using Neal "Vance" Davidson's excellent Star Trek Toolkit images, but ended up having major reworking to more fit with my design aesthetics.


Second, I am also working on adversary ships as well; such as the Klingon D-7 Battle-cruiser from the Original Series.  I couldn't find a toolkit for the Klingon Ships, so I am creating one as I go.  It is done in scale with the Loknar Class and is still a work in progress.

The 3 color scheme is based on the "Roddenberry Model" that was on display in Gene Roddenberry's office during the filming of TOS.  In my game, ships in this color scheme are part of the Imperial Klingon Expeditionary Forces (the IKEF), which are considered the elite of the Klingon Navy, while the more traditional blue-grey color scheme is used by the Klingon Deep Space Fleet (KDSF):

No comments: